Listing affiliations (Re: OPEN ISSUE: WG Chair Selection (in general))

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed May 28 17:02:03 CEST 2003

fwiw,

  a - i agree that affiliations ahould be well-known

  b - this goes for everyone, not just i* members, wg chairs, etc.

  c - i was nonplussed to see they were not shown on the iesg web
      page

  d - there is a balance between affiliations being well-known and
      the desire to make it clear that we all act as individual
      experts

  e - those of us who have very long-lived email addresses but who
      occasionally change employers would strongly prefer to use
      the long-lived email addresses.

  f - i also prefer to use my private email address so that all
      know i speak as an individual, not an employee, as i have
      been known to speak against the interests and policies of my
      employer.

  g - in case you did not know and do care, i work for iij,
      internet initiative japan (legally, i work for iij/america in
      nyc), but work out of my home near seattle.

randy