IESG restructuring (Re: Example of the One Liners out of context)

Eric Rescorla ekr at rtfm.com
Wed May 28 15:24:37 CEST 2003

"Jeanette Hofmann" <jeanette at wz-berlin.de> writes:
> On 28 May 2003 at 21:58, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> The IETF could be interpreted as a polis in the modern sense. It is
> supposed to care about the Internet as opposed to single companies or
> applications.

The problem, is that "care about the Internet" isn't really a
well-formed concept, any more than "the public good" is. One can, of
course, adopt any number of theories designed to give it concrete
meaning, but I doubt we could get consensus on any of them.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr at rtfm.com]
                http://www.rtfm.com/