Listing affiliations (Re: OPEN ISSUE: WG ChairSelection (in general))

Mark Allman mallman at grc.nasa.gov
Wed May 28 13:42:03 CEST 2003

(Appologies to John... it isn't just you... you're just the straw to
 my camel today...)

Margaret Wasserman <mrw at windriver.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it would make sense to list them on the IETF website
> where you list the names of the current IESG members:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html#members
>
> I don't think that anyone is actively trying to hide their
> affiliation, but it can be hard to figure them out...  I
> know that people do work in the IETF as individuals, but
> all individuals' perspectives _are_ affected by their
> background/experience and self-interests.

John Klensin started:
> Note that "current organizational affiliation" tells one very
> little about background and experience, and may not tell much
> about self-interest.

***1000+ damn words to basically agree***?!?!

I thought this list was for discussing the **core problems** with
the IETF?!  I must be lost ....

I tried to be part of the problems@ and solutions@ at the same time.
But, my former coach was right... "if you're not part of the
solution"...  So, see y'all on the other list.  I'll hope for better
discussion.

Ugh.

allman

my attempt at being L.