Can we learn something from IETF history?

Frank Kastenholz fkastenholz at juniper.net
Wed May 28 11:31:22 CEST 2003

At 12:28 PM 5/26/2003 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
>> The original work was done far less formally, with hallway conversations
>> as the means for floating ideas and exploring reactions
>
>isn't this what some seem to call a closed conspiracy today?

We might call it that today
but that is not what it was then.

One simply needed to go up to the microphone during
an IESG plenary and ask a pointed question...
Or ask Phill Gross for 5 minutes to present an alternate
idea.

So maybe it was closed -- closed to those people who
lacked motivation and/or coherency...