IESG restructuring (Re: Example of the One Liners out of context)

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Tue May 27 08:03:16 CEST 2003

> The other analogy is that I feel the IETF is run as an Academic process
> not modeled after a business process nor any government process

please don't cite either business or government practices as models for
how IETF should work - at least not axiomatically.  both of these have
at least as much insanity as academic processes.   Perhaps "academic
processes" (whatever those are) are not quite right for IETF, but IETF's
mission is closer to being an academic one (i.e. education and discovery
of new technology) than it is to either business or government.