NOT "inciting to riot" (was: Last Call: IP over MIME to Proposed Standard)

Spencer Dawkins spencer at mcsr-labs.org
Sun May 25 19:00:23 CEST 2003

I know some of our frequent contributors are already aware of the
"Last Call: IP over MIME to Proposed Standard" thread on the
main IETF list.

We already have "mission statement" on our dance card for the
solutions work. That's good.

I don't have an opinion on the topic itself, but a number of people
do, focused on whether "IP over MIME" is a suitable technology for
Proposed Standard (the only other comment I've seen is that
the document has normative references that are not standards-track).

And the relevant point for this group is that I haven't seen anyone
pointing to something written down as a filter for whether "IP
over MIME" is something the IETF should standardize. The
comments have been based on opinions and precedents.

I would hope that our mission statement would help us to
have (shorter) conversations like this AT LAST CALL TIME!

Best wishes,

Spencer Dawkins