OPEN ISSUE: Nomcom Process

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Thu May 22 12:02:26 CEST 2003

Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com wrote:

> Hi everybody,

Jonne, this really puzzles me. I haven't seen any nomcom issue raised on
this list that hasn't been debated and decided on the ietf-nomcom list.
As Melinda says, if you think there are *new* issues that the nomcom WG
has not discussed, the ietf-nomcom list is the place to raise them
(urgently, given the status of their draft).

Obviously, if we changed the underlying constitution of the IETF, we
would have to adapt the nomcom process accordingly, but we aren't
anywhere near that point today.

    Brian