Update

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Wed May 21 12:53:07 CEST 2003

A few notes on where we currently stand:

1) We're scheduled to have the problem description document
through WG last call in May.  Obviously that's not going to
happen, but I think we can get it wrapped up pretty quickly
if we hunker down a bit.  There haven't been many comments
on the new version other than a few "well done"s; it would
be helpful if people who haven't read the new version could
take a look at it and raise any issues they discover.  Elwyn
is going to be posting specific questions to the mailing
list for resolution before bringing out the next revision,
which we hope will be the one going into WG last call.

2) We're going to try to close some of the uncontentious
open issues in process document.  I'll be sending out
specific queries

3) We're not ready to close the more contentious issues.  I
realize that we're trying to meet an aggressive schedule,
but the discussion has been productive and there's been no
consensus on at least one of them, and in those cases it
would be premature to cut discussion off.

4) We do have an issue tracker (Bugzilla) that we haven't
started using yet.  To be honest, it's currently hosted on
my home server and I've gotten cold feet about opening it up
to the world.  If someone has a server they'd like to
volunteer, we'd be receptive.

More to follow,

Melinda