Please get it done

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Wed May 21 07:47:44 CEST 2003

Hi Brian,

At 12:27 PM 5/21/2003 +0200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> > no - I was thinking about adding another AD to the General area - either
> > assigning the hat to an existing IESG member or asking Nomcom to fill a new
> > slot.
>
>Yes, there is no point whatever in artificially creating a new Area
>for this. A new AD, not an existing one, should resolve the perception
>of conflict of interest. Ask Nomcom.
>
>Let's get it done, rather the repeating the arguments yet again.

I like this approach.

Should we just trust the Nomcom to pick the right person, or should
we offer some suggestions regarding the "independence" criteria and
"neutrality" that some have suggested is important to maintaining
the credibility of the process?

Do we specifically want someone who has never served on the I*?
Or at least not in the last 10 years, since everyone seems to agree
that some of the problems have existed at least that long?

And are there particular qualifications for this position, such
as experience with process management and process improvement?

Margaret