OPEN ISSUE: Standards Track

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Fri May 16 10:30:29 CEST 2003

Hi Brian,

At 03:22 PM 5/16/2003 +0200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>On James' point about Internet Drafts, maybe we could use a
>little clarification in the WG procedures, but the main point
>is to require a WG consensus before declaring a draft to be
>a WG draft. If that hasn't been happening, it's more of a WG
>Chair training issue than anything else.

I've included this in recent WG chair training sessions
(since I started doing them in Atlanta).  I've also
included information about the WG chairs' responsibility
to choose and manage document editors.

It takes a while though, for this type of change to
propagate throughout the organization, and there are
still many WGs where there are no acceptance criteria
applied before documents are given WG draft status.

Margaret