OPEN ISSUE: Quality Process WG Charter

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Thu May 15 23:40:06 CEST 2003

--On 15. mai 2003 18:57 +0300 john.loughney at nokia.com wrote:

>> >     [OPEN ISSUE: Should the Problem Statement WG propose a charter for
>> >     this group, or leave that to the General AD and selected chair(s)?]
>>

>> I think that developing a charter for this group should be
>> done by the ADs and chair(s), probably through the normal
>> BOF process.
>
> I agree with you on this.

timing issue.....

is the creation of the Quality WG dependent on IETF consensus on the
Problem and Process documentson this WG?
If yes - the WG cannot be started until after Vienna.
If no - the WG process can be started as soon as there appears to be
reasonable consensus that the WG should be formed. It seems reasonable to
expect that the WG could start before this WG produces its final output.

identity issue....

is this WG in parallel to, in cooperation with, or orthogonal to, the
proposal to form a WG (that is, an activity with a charter) focusing on
training/education/leader development for the IETF?