OPEN ISSUE: WG Chair Selection

Jari Arkko jari.arkko at piuha.net
Thu May 15 23:51:33 CEST 2003

Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> Currently, the process document says:
>
>> We may also want to reconsider the process that is used to select
>> WG chairs. In particular, ADs could be encouraged to announce WG
>> chair openings within their areas and/or to identify and develop
>> more potential leaders.  [OPEN ISSUE: Is there IETF consensus that
>> we have a problem in this area?]

The selection and reporting relationship as it stands now is not
a problem imho. But I agree with you Margaret that some openness
of the process (maybe a web page of open IETF positions including
chairs) would be good. Might add to the number persons available
for the tasks, might give better input on the potential candidates,
let folks know what's going on the organization.

--Jari