My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com
Thu May 8 15:06:19 CEST 2003

Hi Jim and Brian,

> > But I assume that you wouldn't expect to see something like:
> >
> >   Harald stated that Joe Blow is doing a really poor job running
> >   the slurp WG and that no progress has been made. Jane Doe would
> >   be a much better chair but she won't touch it unless Biff the Dog
> >   disappears from the WG.

This is just another example, where you have not minuted everything: Now we don't know who is to be fed to the pigs! ;)

> > (with apologies to the real Joe, Jane and Biff).
> >
> > Would
> >
> >   Harald reported that no progress has been made in the slurp WG.

This was what my example with the feeding to pigs was in one of the first mails. You can minute quite easily that there is a problem in a WG without pointing the blaming finger on any individual. However, the actual issue (no progress in a WG) should be reported.

Cheers,

Jonne.