Mentoring [Re: "Adult supervision"]

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Wed May 7 16:02:19 CEST 2003

Edward Lewis wrote:
> If we expect
> that every one in the IETF needs no mentoring, sooner or later there
> will be no new folks, dooming the organization in the long run.

Vigorous agreement. We badly need to *organise* the mentoring of new
participants and upcoming authors. The Sunday afternoon briefing
only scratches the surface.

In addition to an organised team of reviewers (the promised draft is
on its way) we probably need an organised team of mentors.

(No apology for moving into solutions space at this time, even it means
moving the discussion to another list.)

   Brian