My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Bound, Jim Jim.Bound at hp.com
Tue May 6 01:08:58 CEST 2003

That is a good point.  The IESG has been under pressure.  WGs should be
under pressure. I think killing ngtrans shows some accountability in
theory as example.  From that vantage point.  No comment on right or
wrong.  But the way it was done was poor from a management perspective,
and an action like that in industry from a manager would either get them
fired or a bad performance review.  This points to the way we do things
and accountability for actions.  I realize this is not industry but a
standards organization.  But we should expect tact and sensitivity from
leadership roles and good communicatations skills.
If someone does not have good communications skills I don't believe they
should be in any leadership position in the IETF.

/jim