My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Mon May 5 18:02:03 CEST 2003

> I agree that they are better
> than nothing, but they can hardly be even considered as meeting
> minutes. They tend to list only the results of the meeting but no
> actual discussions.

well, any actual objections to protocol actions have to be written up,
rather than merely mentioned in a telechat, in order to have any
effect.  and those are now available in the tracking system.

it may be that IESG meetings are more boring than you thought.

> In addition, what I would like to see is also the
> IESG meeting agendas (before the meetings), and the meeting calendar.

I doubt it would be difficult or controversial to provide either one.
but again, the document tracker pretty much provides these things
already.

Keith