My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com
Mon May 5 14:48:02 CEST 2003

Hi Keith,
> and as far as I can tell, they're about as good as minutes
> ever get, and
> (fwiw) far better than the minutes of most WG meetings.
>
> even if not terribly detailed, they're still useful as a record of
> exactly what got decided and what didn't, along with some occasional
> background.

I would not completely agree with you. I agree that they are better than nothing, but they can hardly be even considered as meeting minutes. They tend to list only the results of the meeting but no actual discussions. In addition, what I would like to see is also the IESG meeting agendas (before the meetings), and the meeting calendar. I think these would help the people to see if their favorite documents are progressing and when. This should not be too much trouble for the IESG (or maybe these are the chair's job... ;)

Cheers,

Jonne.