My thoughts about the problems of the IETF

Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com Jonne.Soininen at nokia.com
Fri May 2 18:13:10 CEST 2003

Bill,

> And documents unquestionably make it to the IESG's plate with
> insufficient
> review.  There was a bundle of documents that came to the
> IESG last year,
> where document A said "When you get multiple frobnitzen, you
> order them
> first by foo and then by bar", and document B said "order
> them by bar and
> then by foo."  I caught this just because I was someone
> reading the bundle
> from scratch and trying to make sense of the whole system; the WG was
> presumably sufficiently down in the details that they didn't
> notice the
> inconsistency.

And I agree with you that there has to be sufficient review for a document or a set of documents. However, I think that for instance in this case you being an AD did not make huge difference. Rather you being an outsider and going through the documentation from start to finish. I guess that this would have been seen in the implementation phase as well...

Cheers,

Jonne.