modest suggestion for how to proceed

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Wed Mar 26 13:36:11 CET 2003

>So my next question is, is there ANY problem that has been
>suggested, that might have a resolution that can be worked out
>in isolation?

Yes. I believe that the following problem (at least) can be
worked on independently of the others:

"IETF Participants and Leaders are inadequately trained."

And, several of us are already working to address one aspect of
this problem -- WG chairs training.

I think it is very important that the organization does not
sit still while we omphaloskepsize ourselves our of existence.

One of my top goals in the "process" effort is spin out several
small, tactical problems that can be addressed in the short
term, while we work on longer-term problems.

I do realize that this will have the affect of making our current
situation more tolerable and lessening the perceived need for
more drastic longer-term measures... Thoughts?

Margaret