modest suggestion for how to proceed

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 08:00:58 CET 2003

Dear all,

I'm still an agreeable guy. So I believe Keith when he says we
have to watch out for uncoupled problems that turn out to have
coupled solutions.

(If this wasn't an engineering forum, I'd observe that I learned
how important communication is, in my SECOND marriage, but I
digress. But if we do use multiple teams, they need to
communicate)

And I agree with Scott when he says clean functional separation
matters.

So my next question is, is there ANY problem that has been
suggested, that might have a resolution that can be worked out
in isolation?

I suspect that the answer could be "yes" - I took a couple of
swings, based on the current draft, but there are other
possibilities, and other possibilities might be less coupled and
more valuable.

If the answer turns out to be "no", that would be unfortunate,
because I also agree with Dave, that things don't get better
until we start solving problems, and we haven't solved problems
yet, in this forum, anyway.

Agreeably yours,

Spencer