Documenting consensus (RE: making strategic problems concrete)

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Mar 24 08:52:02 CET 2003

Jim,

Monday, March 24, 2003, 5:12:58 AM, you wrote:
BJ> Hmmm.  The problem is?

Working groups often lack focus.  The mundane, mechanical tool of
listing and tracking items currently under discussion and the
resolution of previous ones (consensus or non-consensus) provides an
easy, efficient accounting tool for public reference.

BJ>  This would help resolve the
BJ> problem of persistent revisitation of specifications, which slows down
BJ> the TTM process for deliverables.

Exactly.

It is a reminder for those doing current work, and those lacking
perfect memories.  It is education for those joining the group or
reviewing its efforts.

The challenge is to make the tool trivial to use.

d/

ps.  all of this presumes that I did, indeed, grok Harald's intent.
But even if I didn't, I am finding myself liking the potential for
such a tool.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>