ineffective use of meeting time

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 07:21:06 CET 2003

Back to "problem space"...

I learned to code in the middle of the "structured programming/
design/ analysis" movement, where we talked about the need for a
balance between the average size of modules ("too big" is bad,
because complexity of a single large module is so high) and the
number of modules ("too many" is bad, because of intermodule
communication cost and complexity.

Any thoughts about a guess as to where we are on the balance
between number of working groups and the average size of a
working group in IETF (measured by number of working group
deliverables, not by number of participants?)?

Spencer