The "late surprise" problem

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Mar 24 10:23:23 CET 2003

rather than debating the problem, I decided to follow the time-honored
principle of "when in doubt, do something", and created the
"solutions at alvestrand.no" list.

Heading:

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL IETF ACTIVITY
The list is created to have an uniform redirection pointer for discussions
that are thought to be inappropriate for the problem-statement WG's mailing
list because it delves too deeply into "solution space". Discussions can be
taken to other venues as appropriate.

And even that sounds far more official than it should.

I do NOT want to bias the outcome of the problem-statement WG's "how do we
fix the problem" task, but it doesn't seem inappropriate to create one
answer to this recurring question.

Note: I am NOT doing this with any of my official hats on!

                    Harald

--On søndag, mars 23, 2003 19:06:24 -0800 Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net>