ineffective use of meeting time

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Mar 24 10:05:00 CET 2003

--On søndag, mars 23, 2003 19:56:20 -0800 Spencer Dawkins
<spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree with Jim, Keith, Aaron, and everyone else who has asked
> us to minimize (not eliminate) background presentations.
>
> Jim is identifying a related problem - working groups that have
> so many drafts that even a well-disciplined participant will
> have read only drafts of interest - which may be a minority of
> the drafts being discussed.

very powerful argument for more focused working groups.

but the check/balance here is of course what Keith says about the big
picture - the more focused working groups more easily lose track of the big
picture (for some size of "big").

<solution-space>
I think we need to consider how to have discussions that are bigger than
working groups but smaller than the IETF.
</solution-space>