Running Code

Bound, Jim Jim.Bound at hp.com
Mon Mar 24 00:29:06 CET 2003

My sense is we have lost respect for "running code".  I am not talking
about one implementation (but prototypes even early on are good), but
multiple running code bases.  I also don't hear enough here is how the
code will run?  Several times last week I saw chairs shutdown or not
even comprehend what was happening around the deepest technical
discussion.  Instead of just shutting up and being a good manager they
shut down the technical discussion in the interest of time.  Pretty bad
I think.  I would have not seen that when I even first came here in 1993
when I liked the IETF and coming here.

/jim