IETF Code of Conduct (was: RE: Physical violence (was: RE: ineffective use of meeting time))

Spencer Dawkins spencer_dawkins at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 14:24:17 CET 2003

Thanks, Rob, for reminding us about Radia's presentation.

If we're settling into a "one Minneapolis meeting per year"
cycle, maybe we could ask Radia to present it whenever we meet
in Minneapolis?

- I'm also thinking it would be an interesting thing to add to
the WG Chair training, and to the WG Chair resource page (now
available from the main IETF page, check it out)

- The other thought that danced through my mind was, "whatever
happened to the IETF Code of Conduct?" - the longest-lived
expired Internet Draft I encountered when I started paying
attention to the way the IETF worked.

According to
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf-announce/Current/msg14445.html,
we actually DO have a BCP on "IETF Guidelines for Conduct" -
RFC3184/BCP0054

- has anyone read it lately?

- is it mentioned in the IETF working group chair training?

- is it mentioned in the IETF newcomer's training?

Spencer...