The "late surprise" problem

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Mar 21 07:57:17 CET 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Actually this is a solution proposal, which Dave Crocker and I have
> been discussing the last couple of days. I think it has value, and
> it also illustrates what I think we have to do - find subsets of
> the total problem for which we can rapidly implement incremental
> solutions.

Sounds rather interesting proposal.  However, such a check should be made
earlier if possible -- before making any draft a working group document,
for instance.  A side-effect of this is that the number of documents is
higher.

This would hopefully incur some clue injection early on in the process, as
well as spread the overall policy.

"Review" is an ambiguous word here, intentionally or unintentionally.
What if the review is negative, advising against doing something?  Does a
large enough number of "it's good" reviews annul "it's bad" reviews.