MIXER example (mailing list size/activity)

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Thu Mar 13 23:46:06 CET 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 11:35  PM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> Ummm, I suppose zero-based chartering (IESG decides what WGs to
> KEEP after every meeting) is out of the question?

this gets dangerously into solution-space, but I favor planning WG
activity only about six months ahead, with both realistic and fairly
concrete goals/milestones for that time period.  the WG would
automatically go dormant at the end of that period if not rechartered.
rechartering would require evaluation of the group's progress, where
progress is not merely revising a document - e.g. the group would need
to show that it had a better handle on the problem (in the early phase)
or that it had narrowed the set of remaining issues (in later phases).
  and it would require more IESG involvement in group management, but it
might reduce IESG workload overall (due to fewer WGs and better quality
output)