Definition of power and responsibility [Re: Delegation ofpower(wasRE: Section 2.4 ofdraft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt)]

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 5 12:13:24 CET 2003

> is the problem localized in the working groups or is there
> an area component to the problem?

as far as I can tell, some areas have more trouble than others.

apps in particular is wide open, so the potential for overload is
large, as is the potential for groups to work at cross-purposes. for
different reasons, so is transport. lower layers of the stack seem to
have fewer problems. e.g. my guess is that at any time there are only so
many"IP over foo" proposals to consider. then again, it could be that
I'm just more distant from those areas, and less familiar with their
problems.