Definition of power and responsibility

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 5 09:02:32 CET 2003

> Nothing has been done (that I've seen, anyway) to determine
> if IETF community has consensus about an IESG charter.  So, an
> IESG charter is not, IMO, close to finished.

perhaps not, but there are several existing documents that do define
IESG's role and responsibilities, e.g. RFC 2026, and those documents did
get approved via the normal process.  they just weren't written from the
point of view of a charter for IESG.

IMHO, we should be wary of trying to specify the same thing from two
many different points-of-view - as conflicts between the specifications
seem likely to result.

Keith