Definition of power and responsibility [Re: Delegation of power(wasRE: Section 2.4 ofdraft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt)]

James Kempf kempf at docomolabs-usa.com
Tue Mar 4 09:34:31 CET 2003

John, Brian,

I agree with this analysis, but I think you may be missing one point in EKR's
postings.

In addition to agreeing about who has authority/responsiblity for what in the
current organizational structure, there is the open question about whether the
current organizational structure is sufficient for the current situation. There
have been some proposals for a more formal intermediary level between IESG and
WG chairs, with a discussion of their attendant drawbacks.

Do we want to completely rule out this possibility due to the drawbacks?

            jak