thesis analogy (was General comment)

Keith Moore moore at cs.utk.edu
Tue Mar 4 10:14:36 CET 2003

> > indeed.  so how do we get wgs to produce production-quality output
> > and get production-quality ietf last call review?
>
> The analogy I have made before and I like is that you treat
> documents as a university does a thesis.

if you mean "as a university should treat a thesis" I might agree with
you.  but it seems like entirely too many of these efforts:

- are over-ambitious
- take too long to write
- take too long to be reviewed
- are valued more for the number of trees they kill than their contents

in other words, the thesis analogy might be more valid than you intend.

Keith