General comment on draft-ietf-problem-statement-00.txt

Margaret Wasserman mrw at windriver.com
Mon Mar 3 13:26:37 CET 2003

Dave, I don't think I've ever been to one of your meetings, but
I certainly don't think of you as a passive, compliant automaton,
or anything like that.

Although I started this thread, I don't actually object to ADs
attending my meetings, particularly the ones at the IETF.  I
often go out of my way to invite ADs from other areas to my
meetings, in fact.

I do, sometimes, think that we could be more productive if we
had more interim meetings, but they can be difficult to schedule,
due to the need for AD approval and attendance.  And, that's really
what I was thinking about when I mentioned some concerns
regarding the need for ADs to attend all meetings.

In point of fact, though, none of my (3) shepherding ADs have
been disruptive or difficult in any of the meetings that I've
held.  Not even Randy, as hard as that may be to imagine :-).

Margaret