ADs who are also WG chairs

Vach Kompella vkompella at timetra.com
Fri Jun 27 13:29:07 CEST 2003

In one working group, a WG chair did more than recuse himself because he wanted
to push through a draft he had co-authored.  He actually stepped down from the
chair position.  I think that might be going too far.  But these are
"solutions".

The problem statement is more about whether the following are perceived to be
issues or not:

 - pursuing an individual draft within a WG that one co-chairs
 - co-chairing a WG that one oversees as an AD

I'd see the former as less of an issue, and recusal is adequate.  The second is
a bigger issue.

-Vach