rough consensus (was Re: "trouble maker")

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Fri Jun 27 02:43:57 CEST 2003

I'm sorry for adding to everybody's email load, but it's been pointed
out to me that what I wrote below might be misinterpreted.

The allowed grounds for appeal to the ISOC Board are quite
narrow (extract below). What I meant is that an appeal against
the rules of the appeals process, on the grounds that these rules
themselves are unfair, would be appear to be a valid subject of
appeal to the ISOC Board.

>From RFC 2026:

> 6.5.3 Questions of Applicable Procedure
>
>    Further recourse is available only in cases in which the procedures
>    themselves (i.e., the procedures described in this document) are
>    claimed to be inadequate or insufficient to the protection of the
>    rights of all parties in a fair and open Internet Standards Process.
>    Claims on this basis may be made to the Internet Society Board of
>    Trustees.

  Brian