rough consensus (was Re: "trouble maker")

Brian E Carpenter brian at hursley.ibm.com
Thu Jun 26 01:34:39 CEST 2003

"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" wrote:

> And who hears the appeal? - A committee where the individual responsible for
> the abuses has audience rights and I do not.

Not at all. The IAB has several times held open hearings on appeals, for
good reason. And by the way, unfairness in the appeals process would
seem like reasonable grounds for a final appeal to the ISOC Board.

> If we are going to have a discussion about PROBLEM then discussion of
> specific failures of the process would seem to be a good starting point.

But if the appeal process and/or the recall process haven't been used, you
simply can't assert a process failure.

> If we are ever going to get to a SOLUTION it would be good to start hearing
> that others accept that I am not the only person making the complaint about
> autocratic top down proceedures and that they are having a widespread
> effect.

Indeed. One swallow does not a summer make. It would be interesting to know
how many of the WGs have members who would assert such problems.

   Brian