rough consensus (was Re: "trouble maker")

James Seng jseng at pobox.org.sg
Fri Jun 27 04:43:09 CEST 2003

I believe the general problem is our current process of letting wg
chairs determine rough consensus without a general definition. (Yes, I
know it is a feature too :P)

Since people have different opinion of the "rough consensus", those
(especially the doc authors or someone with more then casual
interest[1])  who disagree with the chair become resentful of the IETF
process.

Personally, I already lost count how many times it happens. It is not
healty.

[1] "more then casual interest" != vested interest. (See Keith v.s NAT,
no offense intended :-)

-James Seng