"trouble maker"

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Sun Jun 22 18:33:13 CEST 2003

> > For those of us who have chair IETF WG, I am sure we have encountered,
> > one time or another, members of the group whom we considered "trouble
> > maker".

> The flip side of this is the WG that just won't get it -
> no matter how valid the issues that are raised, the group
> brands the individual a "trouble maker" and refuses to do
> anything about them other than to try to marginalize him
> or her.

I've certainly seen both happen, both within the IETF and
elsewhere.  But this working group is focused on identifying
problems with IETF structures and processes, and it seems to
me that the issues that both of you are raising have to do
with decision-making and dispute resolution, two areas where
I believe we've got some really serious problems.  Does
anyone feel like proposing some specific text for the draft?

Melinda