Two document stages: Proposed and Full

Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com Basavaraj.Patil at nokia.com
Wed Jun 11 11:41:58 CEST 2003

The document quality does matter. Running code is obviously much more
valuable than having a document that is well written and is clear but
is not sufficient by itself.
While well written I-Ds help implementers, its only running code that
catches the bugs and implementation issues.

One of the problems with the current process is that it is okay for an
I-D to be advanced to PS simply by having "rough consensus" without
any "running code". One suggestion is that I-Ds that are intended for
standards track be assigned Experimental status unless "running code"
exists. This is another vote for raising the bar which has been
dicussed at length.

-Basavaraj