The need for smaller protocol specifications

Bound, Jim Jim.Bound at hp.com
Mon Jun 9 20:40:11 CEST 2003

Melinda,

OK.  It is hard to not enter solution space.

PROBLEM: The IETF process to reach PS cannot support time-to-market
requirements.
[The current wording we have is good but this can be sub bullet under it
as direct problem we could try to fix later in the solution space]

PROBLEM: The IETF process to complete specifications puts to many
features in those initial specifications. [This would be sub bullet
again above].

These are problems in the IETF per this mail list.

Thanks
/jim