Trusting the IESG to manage the reform process (was:Re:Doingthe Right Things?)

Eric Rescorla ekr at rtfm.com
Sun Jun 8 23:37:17 CEST 2003

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> writes:

> > Do I have any totally convincing evidence? No. It's just my
> > intuition,
>
> ack
>
> > combined with the lack of strong evidence to the contrary.
>
> uh, i usually avoid the no white crows logic.
I don't see how we can avoid taking one position or the other,
because we have to decide what to do.

> maybe we should look at the time to process through iesg and the
> reasons we can find.  i do not claim to know any answer, but of
> course have silly perceptions based on my narrow little view of the
> movie.  so it would be really good to have some actual data.  would
> be nice if bill, harald, or someone with time could find a way to
> get something real on which we could base a discussion.
Well, Dave, Marshall, and I have all taken a stab at processing
the data we do have, which at least includes the time in and time
out of the IESG, as well as the magnitude of the changes.
I don't know what their conclusions were, but my analysis
didn't exactly sell me that there was a large quality effect.

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr at rtfm.com]
                http://www.rtfm.com/