Trusting the IESG to manage the reform process (was:Re:Doingthe Right Things?)

Eric Rescorla ekr at rtfm.com
Sun Jun 8 18:09:59 CEST 2003

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> writes:
> > But then the AD would have to give up some of their authority
> > too.
>
> rofl!  all the authority and fifteen cents will get you on the
> subway [0].
I'm not sure what you're saying here. The ADs have immense
authority--the authority to block documents. Since companies and WGs
spend lots of time and money trying to get documents passed, the
ability to block

> but it seems not to make a squat difference to get
> higher quality documents out from the wgs.

As I said previously it's not at all clear to me that  having a
high quality document has much of an impact on how quickly
a document proceeds through the IESG. What incentives do WGs
have to produce high quality documents?

-Ekr

--
[Eric Rescorla                                   ekr at rtfm.com]