MINOR ISSUE: "reputation" vs "mission".

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Sun Jun 8 14:42:00 CEST 2003

Second issue of the day.... this should be extremely minor....

In section 2.1 - "Participants in the IETF do not Share a Common
Understanding of its Mission", the following text occurs:

   o  Working Groups can potentially be hijacked by sectional interests
      to the detriment of the IETF's reputation.

ISSUE: The IETF's reputation is not a goal.
To make a slogan out of the question:

if we aim for a good reputation, we will not achieve it.
if we aim for and achieve quality work, we will achieve a good reputation.

SUGGESTED RESOLUTION: Replace "reputation" with "mission".