Sloppy Charters (was: Re: Discipline of Internet Protocol Engineering)

John C Klensin john-ietf at jck.com
Sat Jun 7 22:35:36 CEST 2003

Randy,

Your explanation is exactly the reason I keep suggesting that,
until and unless the community really starts expressing strong
support for load-reduction activities generally and those that
involve saying "no" (or "it isn't good enough, fix it") in
particular, it is difficult for "blaming" the IESG for doing
anything other than making the best of a bad situation.

I (and (I hope many others) have certainly noticed the "say 'no'
to anything you like, as long as it isn't _my_ idea" nonsense.
The community, and not just the IESG, needs to push back on that
stuff, or we are all, I fear, doomed.

So, on that dimension at least, thanks for trying and please
keep it up.

      john

--On Saturday, June 07, 2003 14:38 -0700 Randy Bush