Sloppy Charters (was: Re: Discipline of Internet Protocol Engineering)

john.loughney at nokia.com john.loughney at nokia.com
Fri Jun 6 20:05:26 CEST 2003

Hi John,

> I think those sorts of weak communications are a problem.
> Without knowing which WG you head, or which AD is involved, I'd
> suggest that, if you have a continuing poor-communication
> problem, you need to have some serious conversations with the AD
> and, if necessary, perhaps with the other AD in the area about a
> switch, or with the IETF Chair.  If those don't work, you need
> to think about conversations with Nomcoms or more dramatic
> actions.

I am not thinking of my AD in particular, but also the IESG in
general.  As I've edited documents in several areas, I've noticed
a general tendancy that the IESG has many balls to juggle, and
engaging chairs / editors in technical things tends to fall
(unless it is a discussion during IETF last call).

John