ISSUE: Goal of problem-statement document

Melinda Shore mshore at cisco.com
Fri Jun 6 11:47:01 CEST 2003

> SUGGESTED RESOLUTION: Change this section to say that the
> document attempts to be a basis for consensus on the root
> causes.

One of the things that's of concern here is an interest in
trying to find ways to make progress in the absence of
consensus about each identified problem, the dependency
analysis, and a ranking.  We absolutely do believe that the
document will provide guidance, but it's reasonable to
suspect that it's likely that the only way we'll be able to
reach real consensus on some of it is if we dilute the
discussion to the point it isn't useful.

Melinda