Trusting the IESG to manage the reform process (was: Re: Doing the Right Things?)

Eric Rosen erosen at cisco.com
Mon Jun 2 16:57:41 CEST 2003

John> Several of  the issues  here, and what  processes might and  might not
John> work, are  ultimately about whether  or not IESG is  completely broken
John> and/or in some "us versus them"  mode that implies we can't trust them
John> with  much  of  anything,  especially  anything  involving  reform  or
John> evolution.

Which is what makes it absurd to suggest that the IESG can be left to manage
the reform process.  All we'd get are a bunch of new hurdles for WGs to jump
through,  so as  to  make it  even  harder to  oppose  the IESG's  political
objectives. I.e., things would get worse, rather than better.

So I think this is a poor case for the "let's get some code fielded and then
get the IETF to rubber stamp it" technique ;-)