Sampling

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Jul 30 22:43:28 CEST 2003

Harald,

>> 1. Two members of the IESG are clear that we need not be concerned with
>> the basis on which we interpret a meeting's results.
>>
>> Literally the only thing that matters is who shows up.

HTA> I never said anything resembling this.

Let's see:

I post a note calling for careful exploration of an issue and include
the statement:

DC> Notably, we have not paid much enough attention to just how small the
DC> participation in the Problems working group has been. And the recent
DC> Plenary had all sorts of confusion to this discussion. Overall, we need
DC> to be very circumspect in making decisions based on either bits of
DC> input.

You post a note saying we have the people who show up, and Randy
posts a note saying all samples are biased.

Neither of you offers any additional, substantive response to my query,
nor any indication of interest in pursuing it further.

No doubt there is a way of reading your responses as showing that
concern I failed find, and as providing useful insight to the topic, so
I apologize for having missed it entirely.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker at brandenburg.com>