English (was Re: A few hums)

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jul 24 07:54:56 CEST 2003

if we think we can solve the global multi-language/culture problem,
why the heck don't we get real and work on world hunger and peace?

let's face it, we live in a multi-lingual world, embarrassingly,
american has become the lingua franca of our technology.  there
are some simple (but hard) things folk can do to make themselves
easier to understand, speak slowly and clearly, use no idioms,
have clear slides which help folk read along, etc.  i would wager
that there is some nice web page on this if we googled correctly.

beyond that, yes it's a problem, but we ain't gonna fix it.

randy