The IETF's problems

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Tue Jul 22 20:01:05 CEST 2003

On dinsdag, jul 22, 2003, at 18:45 Europe/Amsterdam, todd glassey wrote:

> The problem is that this is not consistent across all WG's - And AD's
> are
> really the last word still on whether a competitive WG was created.

[...]

> The real issue is then creating a formal requirement for all WG's to
> participate in the process equally and allow for any number of
> initiatives
> as long as the work gets done.

What I don't get is why the IESG should be involved in managing the wgs
in the first place.

And as long as we're talking about problems: what is this "let's repeat
everyhting I'm replying to verbatim" nonsens all about? I feel like I'm
emailing with a bunch of three year olds that have been online for all
of five minutes sometimes.